SUMMER 2016 Drumming Programs
Personal & Professional Development
Leading through Rhythm:
2-Day Drumming Facilitator Training
Wednesday July 27 & Wednesday August 10
9:30am - 4pm (both days)
Location: Shaw Percussion
5258 Old Homestead Road
Sutton W, ON
(just 1-hr NE of Toronto)
In this experiential, hands-on, empowering, leadership-building, and educational Facilitator Training Program, you will:
* Learn Rhythmic by Nature’s step by step approach to Drumming facilitation that values and celebrates diversity, fosters self-expression, builds community & inspires creativity.
* Gain new ideas and practical tools to create an optimal inclusive drumming experience for the people you work with.
* Deepen your understanding of the evidence based heath and wellness benefits of drumming and how drumming is being applied in a wide variety of settings
* Experience drumming as a therapeutic activity for your own self-care and wellness.
* Learn innovative ways to adapt rhythm-based activities and program structures to meet the needs of the people you work with
* Gain valuable hands-on practice in the safety of a training group
This training program is designed for:
* Healthcare Practitioners
* Child & Youth Workers
* Group Facilitators & Trainers
* Anyone looking for a unique, meaningful, and fun way to connect with the people they work with
No previous drumming or musical experience is necessary
* Rhythmic by Nature’s Facilitator Training Manual & Reading Package
* 10 Egg Shakers – to start you off!
*Certificate of Completion
Cost: $325 + hst
Early Bird: $295 + hst (on or before Friday July 8th)
Add on Play & Practice for $50
Drumming Facilitation Play & Practice
Are you ready to take your drumming facilitation skills to the next level in order to create an even more optimal inclusive drumming experience for the people you work with?
Rhythmic by Nature’s Drumming Facilitation Play & Practice will focus on:
* Reviewing and consolidating the key components and facilitation techniques to leading a successful drumming program.
* Learning creative ways to adapt rhythm-based activities and program structures to meet the needs of the people you work with.
* Developing a repertoire of “go to rhythms” that you can draw upon as needed in your groups.
* Gaining valuable hands-on practice in the safe and fun environment of the training group, including opportunities to develop a lesson plan, practice leading, role-play scenarios, and receive valuable feedback and fresh ideas to incorporate into your own groups.
Workshops will be customized to participants’ interests and specialties for maximum experience and gaining of new knowledge and skills
Date: Wednesday August 24th
Cost: $75 + hst
Time: 1pm – 4:30pm
Location: Shaw Percussion
Leading through Rhythm: Drumming Facilitator Training Program or equivalent drumming facilitation training and experience
Monthly Community Drum Circles in Georgina, Jackson's Point - RESUMING THIS FALL!
1st Sunday of the month starting in October.
In Collaboration with The Town of Georgina, Rhythmic by Nature & Shaw Percussion
Join us for an afternoon of self-expression, community, learning and playing!
No previous drumming experience is necessary.
All ages are welcome.
Some drums are provided, or bring your own!
* Rhythm-based warm-ups through movement and music
* Basic overview of hand-drumming technique
* Facilitated Drum Circle
* A great rhythmic jam!
Time: 2pm - 3:30pm
Dates: To Be Confirmed
De La Salle Hall, Jackson’s Point (1940 Metro Rd) (make sure to enter the parking lot off Lake Drive)
$10 per person
$8 for each additional family member or friend
WE LOOK FORWARD TO DRUMMING WITH YOU SOON!